Darius Ramsey and James Rhoads are real estate agents located in central Pennsylvania. They run the Ramsey Rhoads Group and have been working together since 2010. They have seven agents on their team, plus a virtual assistant. They had their eyes on us for a few years, but didn’t sign up until the pandemic hit. At that point, they realized that things in the real estate world were going to go digital fast, and that video would be more crucial and impactful than ever before! James and Darius share with Frank the differences they’ve seen in their business since signing up, how Vyral has inspired them to work more on their online presence, and in what ways they’re working to implement new and effective strategies to grow their business.
- At the beginning of the pandemic, Darius and James saw that people in the real estate industry were going to start cutting their marketing costs. They saw this as a perfect time to put more money into their marketing, because their dollars would stretch further since many people were no longer out and in front of the public.
- Darius and James had enough stability in their finances to hire Vyral during this crisis because they had previously made the decision to put themselves on salary and save the rest. This gave them a large safety net and allowed them to pursue new opportunities when many could not.
- They both made it a point to go all in on digital advertising, as they saw that the pandemic was going to be around for a while, and that online marketing was more important than ever.
- Darius and James evaluate their expenses every year to determine what was worth it and what wasn’t. They give every new marketing path 6-12 months of solid effort to determine its ROI. Now over a year into the Vyral program, they are still very happy.
- Before Vyral, they relied on postcards, magazines, handwritten notes, and online outreach to nurture and build relationships with clients. Vyral has given them a scaleable, effective addition to their marketing strategy that produces results and allows clients to get to know them better.
- Darius and James are very consistent with making sure they don’t lose touch with past clients. Their follow-up action plan has helped them stay in contact, and allows them to add new platforms to their plan as the digital sphere evolves and grows. They meet their clients where they are, whether it be Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or somewhere else.
- They’ve found that the topics that perform the best with their audience are fear-based questions (“Will the market crash?") and videos around questions that people didn’t even know they had (“What is a pre-foreclosure?”) They recognize that people are still very scared, and that their job is to counsel their clients and walk them through the buying/selling process with ease.
- Their sphere of influence is their number one lead source, but a lot of them also come from online sources. Their goal is to help as many people as possible!