We recommend you spend $1 a day ($30 a month) retargeting your videos on FB and IG to the people who visit your website, in your email database, and who interact with your FB/IG page. For many of you, this is plenty of money to reach your warmest audiences about 4x times a month (frequency). This is the checklist we use to retarget client videos on Facebook/Instagram which stops after 30 days. We check your ads monthly on your strategy call, turn them back on, or decide to increase the budget. The way you know retargeting works is people see they see your ads and ideally recognize you when you call them.
How to Retarget Your Videos on Facebook and Instagram
- Link your Instagram to your Facebook page
- We have permission to your Facebook page (or we create a duplicate one for you)
- We have permission to your Facebook Ad Account (or we create a new one for you)
- Vyral Marketing Client Video Blog Meta pixel is installed on your video blog (Pixel ID: 909073350302686). We confirm with the FB Pixel Helper.
- Your Meta Pixel from your main website is installed on your video blog (if applicable).
- Your billing information is updated in your ad account
- Your account spending limit has a maximum of $30 of marginal headroom.
- #1 - MyEmma email list is uploaded as an audience within past 30 days (w/ Zapier CRM sync optional)
- #2 - Website visitor audiences over the past 180 days are created for all pixels
- #3 - Everyone who engaged with your FB page over the past 365 days created
- #4 - Everyone who engaged with your IG page over the past 365 days created
- Traffic campaign created, with special ad category if necessary
- Ad set for website traffic, link clicks, $30 for 30 days campaign.
- Campaign budget optimization turned on
- All 4 audiences added to the ad set, targeting the entire USA for most clients
- 4 Manual Placements Only: Facebook Feed, Instagram Feed, Facebook video feeds, Facebook right column. Turn everything else off.
- Create a video ad with a link to its respective blog post (video as creative), no auto crop
- HEADLINE: Title of the Video
- DESCRIPTION: Description of the Video
- LINK: Blog Post Link
- LINK PREVIEW: Watch the full video
- CREATIVE: Full-length 16:9 video
- BUTTON: Watch More
- Create an image ad with a link to its respective blog post (image as creative)
- Add a “Facebook” campaign source URL parameter to each website link
- Send the preview ad link to the client to review; publish.
- Review for 4-6x frequency over 30 days of about 4x and under $1 a click
- BONUS: If you have a 9:16 vertical short under 1 minute you are welcome to add "Stories and Reels" placements (IG/FB/Messenger Stories & IG/FB Reels)
Example Retargeting Ads
Here are example reels and story ads if you have a 9:16 video